Sensory Processing and Autism Spectrum
Offered Quarterly: Play for All
A FREE program for children and families with sensory processing disorders and/or on the autism spectrum.
Play for All provides families an age appropriate, quiet place to come play in a welcoming environment where children can try new things while developing their communication, social and motor skills, and self-confidence.
- Exclusively for children and families with sensory processing disorders and/or on the autism spectrum
- Exhibits adapted to make the museum more comfortable and enjoyable
- Trained staff, specialists, and play partners on hand
- “Social Storybooks” describing the museum from a child’s perspective
- Quiet room and “Resource Kits” available (noise blocking earphones, blankets, information, etc.)
Noise-reducing headphones, Social Storybooks, and PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) are available at the front desk at all times.
Upcoming Play for All events:
Registration is required by calling the museum at (920) 929-0707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to download the Social Storybook in advance.
Play for All enables CMFDL to promote awareness by helping others better understand, communicate with and support children diagnosed with sensory processing issues and autism. Email email@example.com or call the museum at (920) 929-0707 to learn more about volunteering or supporting this program.
Resource Kits Available Every Day
We want every child’s visit to the Museum to be comfortable and fun. If your child is on the autism spectrum, has a sensory processing disorder, or is sensitive to loud noises, feel free to ask the front desk to use our resource kits during your visit. Noise-reducing headphones, Social Storybooks, and PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) are available at the front desk at all times.