Make A Donation
Dear Friend of the Museum,
As I look back on 2020, I will remember a year unlike any other, with unprecedented changes to life routines. I entered the year as a new board member to the Children’s Museum of Fond du Lac, eager to learn and help. Instead of simply maintaining this pillar in the community, I was part of something more. Allow me to shine a spotlight on this year in review with…
Lights, Camera, Action!
Let’s start with Lights! Much to my surprise, my second board meeting was a conversation about how to keep the lights on. The pandemic hit the museum industry hard. A place where kids come for hands on play was the pinnacle of concern. What started as extra sanitizing, led to closing the indoor space. Fortunately, the museum light switch has dimmed but never turned off. I am confident, that upon reopening to the public, the Lights will be brighter than ever!
Moving to the Camera! Due to the pandemic, our entire society became digital and distanced. The camera was the main tool to attend school, socialize with friends and family, and work. The museum adjusted, offering Mini Monet’s class with Ms. Andrea through Zoom along with virtual science lab, story time, and resource sharing.
Despite dimming lights and increased use of cameras, there was so much positive hands-on Action! Because of you, our generous donors, along with the amazing staff, tremendous volunteers, and dedicated board of directors, we made progress during the pandemic.
- WinnePLAYgo provided 500 hours of safe, outdoor play.
- 4,500 education kits and 6,000 mailers were distributed to promote resilience and provide joy.
- The Flex Auditorium opened to Centerpoint, our first rental partner, and is ready for additional performances.
- Treffert Way for the Exceptional Mind Charter school moved into museum adapted classrooms to support learning during the pandemic.
We were able to navigate these unprecedented times due to diligence, generosity, and creativity, but the “show” is not over yet. The success of the Annual Appeal is critical to help offset the gap caused by event and group cancellations and the closure of the indoor space.
By donating, you will help the Children’s Museum continue to serve children where they are and safely reopen. Thank you for your consideration, the best is yet to come!
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, and Play On!
Board of Directors and Annual Appeal Chair
Contributions can also be made by sending a check to CMFDL (75 W. Scott Street, Fond du Lac, WI 54935), or by calling 920-929-0707.
Major Contributors $10,000 and above
- Efroymson Family Fund c/o Central Indiana Community Foundation
- Fond du Lac Area United Way
- The Grande Foundation
Contributors $5,000 – $9,999
- Sadoff Family Foundation
Movers & Shakers Gifts $1,000 – $4,999
- Hierl Holdings Fund c/o Fond du Lac Area Foundation
- Kleinfeldt Family Fund
- Mid-States Aluminum Foundation Inc.
- Whealon Towing & Service, Inc.
Gifts $999 – $500
- Joan & Delmer Flesch Family – In Memory of Delmer Flesch
- Hierl: Powered by M3 Insurance
- Ginny and Jim Gilmore
- Jerianne and Alan Kraus
- Amy Vanden Hogen and Joseph Truesdale
- Diane Kippenhan-Vollmer
Gifts up to $499
- AmazonSmile Foundation
- Jenny and Brian Baker
- Lauren and Bobby Biolo
- Rachael and Keywon Brown
- Whitney and Albert Curl
- Clare and Harry Ditter
- Jane Gaffney – In Memory of Marie Flood
- Becky and Ronald Helmeid
- Herb Kohl Philanthropies
- Mary and Steve Millin
- Beth Welsh and Chuck Peterson
- Print-Right!, Kathleen Wagner
- Rebecca and Patrick Ries
- Debra Ristau – In Memory of Terry Gaffney
- Jessica and CJ Smith
- The GoodCoin Foundation
- Sam and Chris Twohig
- Holiday Moving, LLC
- Ledgerock Distillery
- Mountain Dog Media
- Sophia Transformative Leadership Partners