Sensory Processing and Autism Spectrum
Sensory Friendly Round-Up
- Exclusively for children and families with sensory processing disorders and/or on the autism spectrum
- Exhibits adapted to make the museum more comfortable and enjoyable
- Trained staff, specialists, and play partners on hand
- “Social Storybooks” describing the museum from a child’s perspective
- Quiet room and “Resource Kits” available (noise blocking earphones, blankets, information, etc.)
Noise-reducing headphones, Social Storybooks, and PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) are available at the front desk at all times.
Registration is required by calling the museum at (920) 929-0707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resource Kits Available Every Day
We want every child’s visit to the Museum to be comfortable and fun. If your child is on the autism spectrum, has a sensory processing disorder, or is sensitive to loud noises, feel free to ask the front desk to use our resource kits during your visit. Noise-reducing headphones, Social Storybooks, and PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) are available at the front desk at all times.